If you are reading this , then you are one of the lucky ones who did not get stuck, in what i can only call a torrential downpour in Delhi. I managed to leave office just in time , more importantly managed to get my stock of beer for tonight..!
The only reason i managed to not get stuck in traffic today was the short distance from my office back to my place. But even then it had to be one of the most exciting drives i have ever had!! And i belong to the mountains..so its not someone who has not seen bad weather sayin this. Even with full speed on the wipers , visibility was less than 10 feet at places..vehicles broken down all over the place , massive flooding…yep..i was in my own action movie. Take a look at the 2 attached snaps to get an idea of what it was like , both pics managed to come in between the wiper motion, but trust me they were on! And no, i was not driving and clicking, i was at a standstill..:-)
I logged into my hotmail a few days back, i normally do it once a week now post switching to Gmail and got really pissed in about 2 minutes. Take a look at the screenshot below , can you blame me. The industry is trying to change advertising standards , be more responsible and hotmail goes ahead and does this… and before you ask there was no “close” button. My entire email was covered by the ad , as u can see.
I had all my notes and everything in place to put up a detailed report on the conference but my laziness to blame. Alootechie and Contentsutra have both filled up the contentsphere with summaries from it. Let me instead outline a few things which some of the speakers shared and which i liked.
RAJ NAYAK – CEO NDTV MEDIA
– The top 6 players in the industry can change the market and give it the direction it needs. Forget Market Dynamics , its upto us.
– If agencies start selling cheap, what about the guy who has just started off , what will he survive on – Dont sell cheap – we are only damaging ourselves
– IAMAI should consolidate the industry – Why can we Ban people who dont pay up on time. Print media has these safegaurds , why not Internet.
– Change now, raise the bar now otherwise it will be too late.
DEBRAJ TRIPATHY – MOBILE MARKETING HEAD – ONMOBILE
– The guys who speand and have everything in their hands are the guys who need to understand– Its next to impossible to be able to survive at 10 CPM
All of you would have noticed that i have changed the theme and layout for the Blog to this new one. I found this one to be slightly easier on the eyes, and sub-categories are much more visible…… but what do you guys think… can i ask for some feedback on this… should i stay with this , or go back to the old one? A screenshot of the older one is below.